We are currently open reduced hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00am-1:00pm.
PLEASE VISIT ONLY IF NECESSARY. WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING TRASH, RECYCLING, AND FOOD SCRAPS!
If you MUST visit, please take the following precautions:
- Only visit if you feel healthy.
- Practice social/physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet of space between people.
- Wear gloves.
- Trash, food scraps, and recyclables.
- Recyclables should be empty of liquids and clean.
- Trash must be contained in a bag. No loose trash.
Postpone visits for these purposes:
- Spring cleaning. Store this waste at home, out of the weather. The old TV, couch, bed or lawnmower that has been sitting in the garage or shed for a few months can wait.
- Yard clean up. If something was hanging out in your yard already, please let it spend a bit more time there, or start a backyard compost pile.
We are NOT allowing customers in the office at this time. Please pay for bagged trash at the cashier’s window inside the building. If you use the scale, please pay at the cashier’s window outside the building. Please provide your own pen. Checks should be made payable to “Bethel-Royalton Transfer Station” or “BRTS”. If you are paying with cash, please use the smallest bills possible.
Our phone line is overwhelmed with calls, so if your question isn’t answered here, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 throughout Vermont. Learn more at the Vermont Department of Health website www.healthvermont.gov.